Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 1 Road Tripp

After an eventful night (11:00PM call from Kathy) we managed to get off this morning around 6AM. Our first stop was in King NC to meet Pat and Joyce for breakfast. A nice start to the trip. We drove north through NC and through the corner of VA., W VA., and across KY into Indiana where we stopped for the night at a small campground. The weather was very nice, partly cloudy and warm but not hot. The mountains were beautiful as we passed through and the land now is beginning to level out.

We've tried not to overeat (so far). Small snacks and diet drinks since we're not exercising sitting in the truck all day. And of course Joyce gave us MORE food for the trip!(Love the crackers by the way) P&J were supposed to come with us but dogs and eyes took priority this time so we sure hope they are available next time!!

I took a few pictures, mostly of this campground, only to find out I left my camera cord at home! So no pictures yet but I'll see what I can work out soon. (Joe has stepped out to see if he can get some we can use- if so I'll add them tomorrow).

If I took pictures like Alex does you'd see a lot of the roadside as we zoom past and several rest stops, 2 filling stations and a McDonalds. Sorry Alex, I'll work on it..

Now to see if we can get some sleep tonight. We want to get on the road early again. No real sight seeing tomorrow, just moving along towards Mt Rushmore our first stop to just look.

3 comments:

  1. Where in Indiana? Corydon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand Trails RV? Let us know where you are. It's fun to find it on Google maps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh sigh. It's okay, once y'all get here I'm sure I'll take more than enough pictures for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete