Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Traffic

I think a lot of people don't like Christmas simply because of the traffic- traffic on the roads, in the shopping centers, in the grocery stores, etc. Personally I love it all. When I leave the house I know the traffic will be bad so I just adjust- think slow, think careful, think nice things about crappy drivers and rude shoppers. It's all gotten to be a part of what Christmas is (unfortunately). So until I become a hermit and live in the mountains miles from another human (other than Joe of course) I will just remember that with the real Christmas comes also the "shopping/traffic" Christmas.

Today Sam and I got together and made cookies- lots of cookies and more sausage balls. When the kids were smaller, Sandy and I would get together each year and make batches and batches of cookies and desserts and split them up to use for the holidays. I miss some old traditions.
But new ones are in the making since all the girls are on their own now. It will be interesting to see what traditions they establish and if they will continue any they grew up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment