Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Traveling

The month of March flew past as I traveled through it- literally! In March I was in Texas, Minnesota, Maryland twice, Virginia and Georgia. Most of it work related. However, following the Georgia assignment, I had a chance to go with a friend to Cumberland Island. It's a nation Park off the coast of southern Georgia and a quaint little town called St Marys. We caught the ferry in St Marys, a 45 minute trip out to the island where the Corniges (?) had a mansion. Today only the ruins remain from Dunginess. There are wild horses roaming the island as well. When we were on the beach several horses were there standing in the surf letting the wind blow the flies away. I took a picture with my cell phone but it's not too good.

The picture today is from Epworth By The Sea, the conference office for the S GA connectional ministries and a beautiful retreat center. Lots of amazing old live oaks full of Spanish moss.

No comments:

Post a Comment