It has been such a busy month, I've hardly had time to take pictures much less update the blog!
We started the month with a surprise visit to George for his 60th birthday. Well- that turned into a week long party at their house in Texas. Joe and I had driven our new truck camper and we stayed in that in Georges driveway. Great guestroom. As soon as I got home, I packed and headed out to MN for a week long disaster response training event. Returned on Sunday from that and flew out the next day to Maryland for the Church World Service disaster Forum, a bi-yearly event. Flew home on Thursday and Friday Joe and I drove to Bud and Alices so I could do a training in Boonsboro MD on Saturday. That's where the cherry blossoms were in full bloom on Friday. Then it rained Saturday and knocked lots of blooms off. We got home this afternoon.
Now I have 3 days home before I drive to St Simons GA for another training. When that's over, there is some time to breathe at home and maybe do some spring cleaning and changing curtains and all. Might even find time to put up the Winter Village.
Now that we have the camper, we hope to have some weekend excursions; the river, the lake, the mountains, etc. Kind of tough when you work weekends.
Hoping to have Pat and Joyce for Easter since that weekend is also Joes' and Pats' birthdays. Sounds like reason to party to me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment