Last weekend we finally had the chance to finish Joe's Christmas; we went on a train ride. I had given Joe tickets to ride the Great Smokey Mts Railroad. We drove up on Friday and stayed at a Holiday Inn near Sylva. Saturday we went over to Bryson City where the train depot is located. The ride started at 11:00 and ended at 3:30, a bit shorter than the Durango ride.
I had selected the first class car which comes with drinks and lunch. Good choice! We selected the salmon and were very pleased. So basically we ate and rode and drank.
The one stop was at the Natahala Outdoor Center, but it was too cold for much activity to be going on. It was however, a nice stop and a beautiful day to walk around. As you can see the track crosses the Appalachian Trail but not a section Joe and I have done.
We drove around Bryson City, Sylva and Dillsboro and even did a bit of shopping in Sylva; a very nice little mountain town.
With the time change we decided to head on home Sunday and stopped by P&J's on the way.
Overall it was a very nice trip, and a nice drive (not as exciting as Durango, but nice).
Friday I head to MD. for a couple of trainings, the last before Easter activities take over the church. I have a few meetings and 2 jurisdictional trainings scheduled but its looking to be a slow summer. Maybe some lake time?
Happy Easter everyone
No comments:
Post a Comment