Saturday, November 26, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving

I refuse to weigh myself. Thanksgiving dinner was overly blessed by an abundance of good food and drink. So the scales will not see me for several days. I also refuse to shop on "Black Friday" although I heard around here it was no worse than a regular weekend before Christmas. (Except those strange people who want to stand in line for hours in the cold waiting for that one big deal.)

Today began the decorating. I love Christmas decorations! I wanted to work on the outside since the weather was so nice. I tried several things on my front porch railing only to realize that the maple tree has grown so big that you can't actually see my porch railing anymore. So I decorated the maple tree (6 stings of lights) put bows on the step railing, a wreath on the door and as always, a bow tie and a basket of gifts with Emo.

I started digging through the attic stuff to see what I wanted to use this year. The advantage of a being a pack-rat is that there are enough decorations for several houses and I can pick and choose what to use each year.

I also actually made a Christmas gift this year. It's pretty cool if I say so myslf. I have enough time to maybe make a few more. The sewing machine is sitting over here beside me begging to be used...
Left overs for supper tonight but with possible company tomorrow Joe will break out a steak.

Jynx is asking for a snack. He/she has taken to roaming the attic and sleeping in the pillows if I leave the door open. (which it is right now because it's warm)

Tomorrow one or both of my daughters is going to help me learn how to post pictures here- could be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Well you looked skinnier in those pants today. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete